Sunday, April 22, 2012

new digs

my new house

it's very unfamiliar, my things look quite un-at-home. We {my friends and family} have made lots of little trips this weekend, filling our cars with boxes and bits and pieces and taking them over.
My new house is only a suburb away from the old one. So we are now in Tarragindi, it's very pretty and leafy. There's a park at the end of our street and a bowls club just around the corner! 
I am discovering all of the little characteristics of our new home, such as this faux lux laminate {pictured below - you will notice it} in the handwashing room. Despite the bathroom being tiny there is a very generously sized room next to the WC with a basin in it and that's about it . I'm calling it a mudroom from here on in because I've always wanted one. I am sure it will be handy for dumping stuff in, school bags etc, so exotic!  
A removalist will come on Tuesday to bring all the big stuff and that will be our first night. 
My back hurts and I think my brain is hurting too! So much still ahead but I am looking forward to setting everything up and making it look pretty, that's the fun part, pity there's so much blah, blah blah to go through to get there.














6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, it's gorgeous!
I'm sure it won't take too long before it feels like home

Rach x

jody said...

Hi Anislie! The new place looks fab! xx

Unknown said...

It looks great and so YOU! :-) Good luck getting settled. xx

Alison @ Baysidevintage said...

What an awesome original kitchen! You'll do it justice no doubt with some retro pieces, amazing :)

Jo said...

wow your new place looks amazing - that kitchen is fabulous! I've only just found your blog so reading for the first time. good luck with all the unpacking (having just recently moved myself, I know what you're going through with all those boxes!).

Anonymous said...

i love your new home. the kitchen is very eye pleasing. i hope you are settling in ok. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...