Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Paper Wallet with gifts inside.

For my sister's birthday I created a paper wallet as a birthday card.
We were all giving her some cash so she could buy herself a new handbag and wallet so this was the perfect thing to package up my contribution.
This is the first time I have ever tried designing anything like this and doing the template was a bit tricky - with a few little teething problems but I think it came together pretty well.

The templates ready to cut out.
This is where I feel like Amelie with her big pair of scissors....

This is the wallet from the inside, with two little pockets on either side of the photograph for me to stuff the cash. I also made a little gift tag.

And now all folded up. The pattern is based on some scanned in fabric from one of my Grandmother's dresses.

Putting in a few extra cards - one a voucher for babysitting.

All done!
I'm going to make some more!

2 comments:

leesa said...

Oh my goodness Ains - that's awesome! I want one too! Love the photo of the 4 of them, tee hee!!

suburbansider said...

Thanks Leesa!
And yes! ~ That photo is the absolute highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...