Saturday, April 23, 2011

the week that was


I started off the week with a very successful movie night held at my work all in the aid of a bit of fundraising and fun at the same time - these are some tickets we printed out from a free vector download - beautiful colours! Speaking of doughnuts... my little sixer and I were delighted to find these doughnut eggs at a local coffee shop and I came across these doughnut seeds on a blog {but I've forgotten where!}  and thought they were equally delightful. If only it were real. Doughnut seeds image by Jason Fulford

{really, really yummy} white chocolate and hazelnut ball
*250 gm block philly cheese, softened
100gm white chocolate, melted
1 tbsp caster sugar,
1 cup roasted hazelnuts
* combine philly, chocolate and sugar in small bowl, chill for 1 hour or until firm.
form into 2 balls and coat in hazelnuts, then chill again till firm.
* I served mine with ginger thins and apple, pear and some fig & multigrain crackers. 
The book suggests also serving with choc chip bread which lead me to thinking... how about 
some choc chip hot cross buns....
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Today we had a Good Friday morning tea with the crew from work and the epic egg hunt for the kids. Was a fantastic morning, we sure know how to picnic. My "plate" is pictured above and I have included the recipe because I got so many requests for it. It's from the the phillidelphia cookbook that was out at woolies last year - you know - buy 3 philly products and get this awesome free cookbook - yeah, I'm pretty sure I can manage that. Was totally well worth it and it looks like a new one is out soon. Site is pretty rad too. Sooo not ashamed to love philly! And the surprise end for today - a rainbow - ahhh! 
Seen from my sister's back verandah and from where I was standing I was pretty sure the end must have been right about where my house is only a couple of streets away. Pot o Gold - I think so!


happy looooong weekend!

1 comment:

leesa said...

yummo! Scott bought home the new philly book the other day....must go and have a really loong look at it now.....
ps gorg rainbow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...