Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas tree is up... pity the rest of the house looks like the 1st of January


After  a huge amount of requests to see the tree {ok one person, thanks Leesa}, here it is. I have been holding off on taking photos because the weather has been so dark and gloomy ~ a professional photographer would have come in handy here, perhaps I will have to invite them over for morning tea very soon.....



1957 ~ Desk Set starring Spencer Tracy and Catherine Hepburn and 1984 ~ Falling In Love starring Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep


It's at this time of year that I love watching the sort of movies that are not directly christmas movies as such but a still very Christmassy and sentimental and nostalgic and where are my vintage hankies?
Mostly I love the visual aesthetics of the films and the eras they come from. If I could take screen shots of the sets and costumes that I love... well that would be a whole other blog...

One of my most favourite parts of the epic design sponge site is the living in section capturing the style and visual icons from movies and matching them with real life products you can buy!!! or drool over.. ~ it is absolutely brilliantly done.
Here is one for Christmas, a Wallace Family Classic Must Watch, for you Cath...

A Christmas Story via Design Sponge


image from design sponge

1 comment:

leesa said...

yeah! the tree! yep, knew I would love it x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...