Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Stuff I Found in my Office Clean Up and Nearly Missing Harry Potter"

I organized for my 6 year old to go to Nana and Grandad's so my older son and I could see Harry Potter. I probably don't even need to explain the happiness and joy of anticipation we felt driving through the sun dappled, leafy streets of Hawthorne as we made our way to the cinema - cause that's how we all feel on our way to see Harry Potter...... this is what greeted us when we got there


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

we weren't even late, normally we are late for things but we weren't ~ I was gutted and 
had to sit down for a few moments.
Fortunately, my very kind friend offered to have the little one for a whole night sleep over so we could make it to another session later that night!


Here is some of what was unearthed during my office cleaning ~ letters {at least} 20 years old from high school days - So funny to read back over, I am glad I kept them.
{you know you were a kid in the 80's if you put a "z" on the end of your name}


some beautiful cards!


a box of art stuff including some of my Father's things from his art collage days ~ this is what people used before Adobe Creative Suite!


they are still good to use!  Aren't they beautiful!











2 comments:

Wellies and Vogue said...

wow those paints are beautiful - the perfect colour pallet..

never anything more disappointing than finding out the cinemas full - especially when Happy Potters involved!

suburbansider said...

Ah ha! Happy Potter!
Glad you like the paints ~ nice to know others appreciate the same stuff I do!
Thank you for your comment ~ am thoroughly enjoying the beautiful pages of Wellies and Vogue, especially as I used to live in the UK for a bit and miss it very much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...