Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Jungle Giants




I took my 13 year old son to an all ages gig last night. It's both of our second time seeing new Brisbane band The Jungle Giants play and we loved every minute. 
I am especially excited for these guys on a few levels, firstly because I love their music; happy, indie, beautiful, sparky and most importantly, quality. Hearing them for the first time was kind of like when I heard The Temper Trap or Florence and The Machine for the first time and just loved every single track straight up. Secondly because their beautiful lead guitarist Cesira is a friend and also because they are from Brisbane. I get so proud of this city and the amount of outstanding bands it produces, {like I had something to do with it}! I just think if they keep going on the trajectory they are already on we are going to be seeing a whole lot more of them.

This is their new single which I can't stop listening to at the moment ~ Mr Polite over on Triple J Unearthed and whilst you are there you can check out "No one needs to know" which is equally awesome. 

They were great on stage, fun, solid and loud enough to make you feel it. Sam Hales has that amazing kind of voice that tells a story, you will have to try an catch them live. Heaps of gigs coming up, check out the Jungle Giants Facebook page.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...